File Share Connector¶
The File Share connector for Jitterbit Harmony Cloud Studio provides an interface for entering user-provided input such as a file share path to create a File Share connection. That connection provides the foundation to configure associated File Share connector activities that interact with the connection. Together, a specific File Share connection and its activities are referred to as a File Share endpoint.
This connector is used to first configure a File Share connection, establishing access to a shared network, and then used to configure one or more File Share activities associated with that connection as a source or target within an operation or script:
- Read: Reads data from a File Share endpoint and is intended to be used as a source in an operation or called in a script.
- Write: Writes data to a File Share endpoint and is intended to be used as a target in an operation or called in a script.
Accessing the Connector¶
The File Share connector is accessed from the Connectivity tab of the design component palette by using the Show dropdown to filter on Connectors.
Once a connection is configured, activities associated with the endpoint are available by using the Show dropdown to filter on Endpoints and then clicking the File Share connection block:
The file share connection credentials that you provide must be sufficient to perform the activities configured for the connection. The endpoint is limited by these restrictions imposed by the file share you are accessing:
- Security and access controls. The endpoint is bound by the security and access controls defined for the user for the given file share.
- Number of connections. If the file share permits only a certain number of connections, the endpoint is bound by this number.
- Presence of concurrent users. Most file shares do not permit multiple users changing a given file concurrently, so if a file is being used by another user or process, the activity will not be able to change it.