The Harmony ServiceNow Connector establishes access to ServiceNow.
The ServiceNow connector provides an interface for creating a ServiceNow connection, the foundation used for generating instances of ServiceNow activities. Activities interact with ServiceNow through the connection and are intended to be used as sources (to provide data in an operation) or targets (to consume data in an operation).
The ServiceNow connector is accessed from the design component palette's Connections tab (see Design Component Palette).
- Getting Started: Initial steps for establishing a connection.
- Advanced Features: User-defined views and SSL configuration.
- Data Model: The data model that the connector uses to represent the endpoint.
- Advanced Configurations Properties: Properties that can be defined to configure a connection for both basic and advanced configurations.
Together, a specific ServiceNow connection and its activities are referred to as a ServiceNow endpoint:
- Query: Retrieves records from ServiceNow and is intended to be used as a source in an operation.
- Create: Creates new records at ServiceNow and is intended to be used as a target in an operation.
- Update: Updates existing records at ServiceNow and is intended to be used as a target in an operation.
- Delete: Deletes existing records from ServiceNow and is intended to be used as a target in an operation.
This connector is a Connector SDK-based connector, which may be referred to by Jitterbit when communicating changes made to connectors built with the Connector SDK.
Prerequisites and Supported API Versions¶
The ServiceNow connector requires the use of an agent version 10.1 or later. These agent versions automatically download the latest version of the connector when required.
The ServiceNow connector uses the ServiceNow REST API. For more information on the schema fields, see Schemas and refer to the ServiceNow REST API at ServiceNow Developer documentation and adjust the documentation URL by selecting your release version of ServiceNow.
Before configuring a ServiceNow connection, review the ServiceNow prerequisites to ensure that the ServiceNow instance has been configured correctly.
If you experience issues with the ServiceNow connector, these troubleshooting steps are recommended:
Click the Test button in the connection configuration to ensure the connection is successful and to ensure the latest version of the connector is downloaded to the agent (unless using the Disable Auto Connector Update organization policy).
Check the operation logs for any information written during execution of the operation.
If using Private Agents, you can enable connector verbose logging for this connector using this specific configuration entry of logger name and level:
<logger name="org.jitterbit.connector.servicenow" level="DEBUG"/>
If using Private Agents, you can check the agent logs for more information.