User Interface Main Menus¶
Most of the functionality provided by the Harmony Design Studio application is accessed using drop-down menus organized into different categories.
There are slight differences in the location of the menus and menu items, depending if you are on Windows OS or macOS.
For working with projects and items.
New Project: Create a new empty project.
Open Project: Open an existing Integration Project stored on your machine or network.
New: Create a new project item.
Switch Environment: Work with this project in another environment, for example, from DEV to TEST. If you don't have a version of the environment locally or in the Cloud, you can migrate the current environment.
Close Page: Close the tab or page that you are currently working on.
Close Project: Close the current project.
Close All Pages: Close all open tabs or pages that you are working on. If a page has unsaved work, you will be prompted to save or discard your changes.
Close Other Pages: Close all open tabs or pages except the one that is currently active. If a page has unsaved work, you will be prompted to save or discard your changes.
Save: Save the content in the tab or page that you are currently working on.
Save As: This menu item is not supported in the current version of Design Studio.
Save All: Save the content in all tabs or pages that you have worked on since they were last saved.
Import Jitterpak: Import a Jitterpak from a location on your machine or network.
Export as Jitterpak: Export the project as a Jitterpak.
Migrate Project: Migrate the project to another environment.
Import Project Data: Import data from another project.
Restore Project from Cloud: Replace your current local project with what is currently deployed to the Environment in the Cloud.
Download Project: Download a project from an Environment in the Cloud.
Download Backup: Download a backup of the current project from an Environment in the Cloud.
1, 2, 3: Open the most recently accessed projects as listed here. The number of items to show is configurable in the preferences (Edit -> Preferences).
Exit (Windows OS) or Quit Jitterbit (macOS): Close the application.
Use to change preferences, text editing, find, search, and replace.
- Undo: Undo the work you most recently performed.
- Redo: Redo work that you most recently undid.
- Copy: Create a copy of a particular item. Deep Copy creates a copy of an item and its dependencies, or Selected Deep Copy to see an item and its dependencies and select which to include in the copy.
- Find: Search for items in the current project. You can search based on names or field values. You can also search for text in scripts and transformation mappings.
- Trash Can: View the deleted items currently in the trash can.
- Preferences: View and modify your user preferences.
Use to access system utilities and tools.
- Activities Performed: View all of your activities since you started the application.
- Error Log: Displays any errors that have been reported.
- Operation Activity: Displays:
- Operation Log: The status of all instances of an operation that have been executed.
- Operation Queue: View and modify any pending or active instances of an operation.
- Project Validation: Displays the elements contained in the project and validates elements that will fail deployment due to incomplete or invalid definition.
- Project Data Elements: Displays a list of all the data elements that have been defined in the project.
- Script Pad: Experiment with the Jitterbit Script language without having to create a new Script in your project.
- Project Deploy History: Lists a log of all the times the current project has been deployed to an environment in the Harmony cloud.
- Required Plugins: Displays a list of all the plug-ins that are used by the project. This is available only in the Enterprise edition.
Communicate with Harmony using the Management Console.
- Login: Log in to Harmony.
- Logout: Log out of Harmony. Any further action in an environment or in Harmony will require you to specify the user name and password again.
- Studio Proxy Settings: Set up or update your proxy settings.
- Deploy: Deploy the current project to an environment in the cloud.
- Test All Connections: Test the connection to all sources and targets in the current project.
- Refresh All Transformations: Refresh the source and target structures for all transformations in the project.
- Run Operation: Send a request to place the currently selected operation in the queue and run it.
- Plugin: View the pipeline plug-ins currently assigned to the currently selected project item (this option is disabled if plug-ins cannot be assigned to the currently selected item).
- Upgrade Salesforce Version: Upgrade this project to use a newer version of Salesforce (if applicable).
- Stop Current Test: Stop the current test session at a breakpoint. See Creating a Script for more information.
- Resume Current Test: Resume the current test session when stopped at a breakpoint. See Creating a Script for more information.
Work with the current transformation.
- Load Source Data: Load sample source data into the transformation.
- Test Transformation: Test the transformation.
- Test Operation: Test an operation using the current transformation.
- Find/Replace: Finds data elements nodes in the source and target trees and replaces expressions within transformation mapping scripts.
- Migrate: Migrate the active transformation to another transformation.
- Refresh Structures: Refreshes both the target and source structures used in the transformation.
- Edit Source Structure: Edit the source structure used in the transformation.
- Edit Target Structure: Edit the target structure used in the transformation.
- Edit WHERE Clause: Edit the WHERE clause used in retrieving the source data from the dataset.
- Edit Update Keys: Edit the update keys used in the database target.
Navigate to different tabs and items in the application.
- Next Page: Go to the next open tab or item.
- Previous Page: Go to the previous open tab or item.
- Display Mode: Select preferred display mode: Multi-Tabs, Tabs, Single Card, or Floating.
- Recently Closed: Select to open a page that was recently closed.
- 1, 2, 3: Open the most recently accessed projects as listed here. The number of items to show is configurable in the preferences (Edit -> Preferences).
- Windows: Display the tabs that are currently open. Select a tab to make it active or to close it.
- Quick Switch: Display a searchable list of open tabs and items.
Access information to help you use Jitterbit Studio.
- Help: Launch Success Central, the online documentation site.
- Getting Started: Display the Getting Started screen where you can view the Getting Started with Harmony video or start the Hands-on Tutorial.
- Jitterbit Support: Connect to Jitterbit Support options.
- Jitterbit Quick Start Tutorial: Go to the online Jitterbit Quick Start Tutorial.
- Check for Studio Update: Check if there is a more-recent release of the Design Studio application than the current one.
- Check for Agent Update: Check if there is a more-recent release of an Agent application than the currently installed one. Applicable only if a Private Agent is installed on the same machine as the Design Studio.
- Application Logs: Screen displays messages that have been logged by different client components (this is mostly used by Jitterbit developers to track down potential problems).
- Cloud Call Log: Screen displays the requests to the Harmony cloud including the timestamps and duration.
- Temp Folder Console: Pop-up dialog displays statistics about current folder and allows users to open or clean the related folder.
- About Jitterbit Studio: Pop-up dialog with information about the current version of the Design Studio application.