This page describes viewing a history of project changes and deploys, and restoring from a project backup. Project history is stored for a maximum of 90 days, and is cleared in exported projects.
Viewing Project History
On selecting Project History, the project history is shown within a panel on the right side of the project designer. This panel shows a list of project changes and deploys, with the date and time that a specific user performed the action, filtered by timeframe. Project history updates appear in real time, including when a project is being simultaneously edited by multiple project collaborators.
- Last 30 Days: Use the dropdown to display project history events for the last 30, 60, or 90 days.
- Deploys Only: Select the checkbox to limit project history events only to deployments. By default, both project changes and deployments are shown.
- Date/Time: Project history events are grouped by day and 30-minute intervals within each day. Click the date or time row to expand or collapse events that are grouped together.
- Events: Each project history event is listed with a timestamp of the change or deploy and shows the first name and last name initial of the user who performed the action.
- Change: The name of the component at the time it was created, updated, or deleted. Click an event to focus the design canvas to the selected component (if applicable), displayed with a green border. The component will also be displayed within the project pane and in the project history panel with a green background.
- Export: The name of the project at the time it was exported. Click an event to display the export event in the project history panel with a green background.
- Deploy: A deploy event. Click an event to display the deploy event in the project history panel with a green background. Restoring a project backup taken at the time of deploy is described under the next section, Restoring a Project Backup. Additional information about what was deployed is available from the Management Console Projects page.
- Project Restore: When the option Restore This Version is selected from a deploy event, a project restore event is created. This creates a backup of the project prior to the project being restored. The name of the project at the time it was restored will be listed. Click an event to display the project restore event in the project history panel with a green background. Additional information is provided under the next section, Restoring a Project Backup.
Restoring a Project Backup
Project backups are automatically created on deploying a project or restoring a project. Those project backups are available to restore to, as accessed through the project history.
After deploying a project or restoring a project, hover over a deploy or project restore event and click the actions menu icon to open the actions menu. From the menu, select Restore This Version:
A confirmation message asks you to confirm that you want to restore to the selected version:
Click Restore to revert the project designer back to the previously deployed version and overwrite the current project. Note that this action applies only to the project designer and does not affect the deployed version. Redeploy to deploy the restored state.