Most of the functionality provided by the Jitterbit Harmony Design Studio application is accessed using drop-down menus organized into different categories.
NOTE: There are slight differences in the location of the menus and menu items, depending if you are on Windows OS or macOS.
For working with projects and items.
- New Project: Create a new empty project.
- Open Project: Open an existing Integration Project stored on your machine or network.
- New: Create a new project item.
- Switch Environment: Work with this project in another environment, for example, from DEV to TEST. If you don't have a version of the environment locally or in the Cloud, you can migrate the current environment.
- Close Page: Close the tab or page that you are currently working on.
- Close Project: Close the current project.
- Close All Pages: Close all open tabs or pages that you are working on. If a page has unsaved work, you will be prompted to save or discard your changes.
- Close Other Pages: Close all open tabs or pages except the one that is currently active. If a page has unsaved work, you will be prompted to save or discard your changes.
- Save: Save the content in the tab or page that you are currently working on.
- Save As: This menu item is not supported in the current version of Design Studio.
Save All: Save the content in all tabs or pages that you have worked on since they were last saved.
Import Jitterpak: Import a Jitterpak from a location on your machine or network.
- Export as Jitterpak: Export the project as a Jitterpak.
- Migrate Project: Migrate the project to another environment.
- Import Project Data: Import data from another project.
- Restore Project from Cloud: Replace your current local project with what is currently deployed to the Environment in the Cloud.
Download Project: Download a project from an Environment in the Cloud.
Download Backup: Download a backup of the current project from an Environment in the Cloud.
1, 2, 3: Open the most recently accessed projects as listed here. The number of items to show is configurable in the preferences (Edit -> Preferences).
Exit (Windows OS) or Quit Jitterbit (macOS): Close the application.
Use to change preferences, text editing, find, search, and replace.
- Undo: Undo the work you most recently performed.
- Redo: Redo work that you most recently undid.
- Copy: Create a copy of a particular item. Deep Copy creates a copy of an item and its dependencies, or Selected Deep Copy to see an item and its dependencies and select which to include in the copy.
- Find: Search for items in the current project. You can search based on names or field values. You can also search for text in scripts and transformation mappings.
- Trash Can: View the deleted items currently in the trash can.
- Preferences: View and modify your user preferences.
Use to access system utilities and tools.
- Activities Performed: View all of your activities since you started the application.
- Error Log: Displays any errors that have been reported.
- Operation Activity: Displays:
- Operation Log: The status of all instances of an operation that have been executed.
- Operation Queue: View and modify any pending or active instances of an operation.
- Project Validation: Displays the elements contained in the project and validates elements that will fail deployment due to incomplete or invalid definition.
- Project Data Elements: Displays a list of all the data elements that have been defined in the project.
- Script Pad: Experiment with the Jitterbit Script language without having to create a new Script in your project.
- Project Deploy History: Lists a log of all the times the current project has been deployed to an environment in the Harmony cloud.
- Required Plugins: Displays a list of all the plug-ins that are used by the project. This is available only in the Enterprise edition.
Communicate with Jitterbit Harmony using the Management Console.
- Login: Log in to Jitterbit Harmony.
- Logout: Log out of Jitterbit Harmony. Any further action in an environment or in Jitterbit Harmony will require you to specify the user name and password again.
- Studio Proxy Settings: Set up or update your proxy settings.
- Deploy: Deploy the current project to an environment in the cloud.
- Test All Connections: Test the connection to all sources and targets in the current project.
- Refresh All Transformations: Refresh the source and target structures for all transformations in the project.
- Run Operation: Send a request to place the currently selected operation in the queue and run it.
- Plugin: View the pipeline plug-ins currently assigned to the currently selected project item (this option is disabled if plug-ins cannot be assigned to the currently selected item).
- Upgrade Salesforce Version: Upgrade this project to use a newer version of Salesforce (if applicable).
- Stop Current Test: Stop the current test session at a breakpoint. See Creating a Script for more information.
- Resume Current Test: Resume the current test session when stopped at a breakpoint. See Creating a Script for more information.
Work with the current transformation.
- Load Source Data: Load sample source data into the transformation.
- Test Transformation: Test the transformation.
- Test Operation: Test an operation using the current transformation.
- Find/Replace: Finds data elements nodes in the source and target trees and replaces expressions within transformation mapping scripts.
- Migrate: Migrate the active transformation to another transformation.
- Refresh Structures: Refreshes both the target and source structures used in the transformation.
- Edit Source Structure: Edit the source structure used in the transformation.
- Edit Target Structure: Edit the target structure used in the transformation.
- Edit WHERE Clause: Edit the WHERE clause used in retrieving the source data from the dataset.
- Edit Update Keys: Edit the update keys used in the database target.
Navigate to different tabs and items in the application.
- Next Page: Go to the next open tab or item.
- Previous Page: Go to the previous open tab or item.
- Display Mode: Select preferred display mode: Multi-Tabs, Tabs, Single Card, or Floating.
- Recently Closed: Select to open a page that was recently closed.
- 1, 2, 3: Open the most recently accessed projects as listed here. The number of items to show is configurable in the preferences (Edit -> Preferences).
- Windows: Display the tabs that are currently open. Select a tab to make it active or to close it.
- Quick Switch: Display a searchable list of open tabs and items.
Access information to help you use Jitterbit Studio.
- Help: Launch Success Central, the online documentation site.
- Getting Started: Display the Getting Started screen where you can view the Getting Started with Jitterbit Harmony video or start the Hands-on Tutorial.
- Jitterbit Support: Connect to Jitterbit Support options.
- Jitterbit Quick Start Tutorial: Go to the online Jitterbit Quick Start Tutorial.
- Check for Studio Update: Check if there is a more-recent release of the Design Studio application than the current one.
- Check for Agent Update: Check if there is a more-recent release of an Agent application than the currently installed one. Applicable only if a Private Agent is installed on the same machine as the Design Studio.
- Application Logs: Screen displays messages that have been logged by different client components (this is mostly used by Jitterbit developers to track down potential problems).
- Cloud Call Log: Screen displays the requests to the Harmony cloud including the timestamps and duration.
- Temp Folder Console: Pop-up dialog displays statistics about current folder and allows users to open or clean the related folder.
- About Jitterbit Studio: Pop-up dialog with information about the current version of the Design Studio application.