Jitterbit University is our online learning system designed to facilitate proficiency with the Jitterbit Harmony API Integration Platform. Hands-on and lecture-based training is available for a variety of audiences such as new users, advanced users, IT operations staff, and developers.
Jitterbit University is self-paced, so you can complete training courses at your leisure. Some courses have certifications available, earned by scoring at least 75% on related exams. Those completing training courses may also be interested in our webinar-style Tech Talk series, whose recorded sessions are available at Jitterbit Tech Talks.
Registering for Training
Once you have an enrollment key, visit university.jitterbit.com and click Sign Up. On the next screen, enter your key and again click Sign Up. On the next screen, provide your information and set the credentials that you want to use to access Jitterbit University in the future. Again click Sign Up to complete the registration process.
After registering, you will receive a welcome email with further information about joining the Harmony training organization (required for certain courses), endpoint credentials for training purposes, and related training resources.
Enrolling in Courses
Once you are registered, go to university.jitterbit.com and enter the credentials you used during registration, then click Login. Upon logging in, you will see a personalized dashboard with links to resume courses, browse the course catalog, and view the courses you're enrolled in, as well as links to other resources.
Click Catalog to view a complete list of all available courses and exams, summarized below. To sign up for a particular course, click Enroll, then click Launch to begin the training. You can revisit the courses as many times as you like by re-enrolling. To do so, click Re-enroll and then click Launch to retake the training course.
Jitterbit Foundations Training Course
Jitterbit Foundations Training was designed to empower new or existing Jitterbit Harmony users with the knowledge to design, deploy, and manage their own Jitterbit Harmony implementations.
Time to Complete
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Jitterbit
- Chapter 2: Hands-On Modules
- Module 1: Database to Text
- Module 2: Database to Complex Text
- Module 3: XML to Database
- Module 4: Jitterbit Connect (Database to Complex Text)
- Module 5: Jitterbit Connect (Database to XML)
- Chapter 3: The Jitterbit Formula Builder and Scripting
- Chapter 4: Hands-On Modules
- Module 7: SOAP Weather
- Module 8: Google News (RESTful Web Service)
- Module 9: PGP Encryption
- Module 10: Creating a Schedule
- Module 11: Creating an Email Notification
- Chapter 5: Administration within the Jitterbit Studio
Jitterbit Foundations Certification Exam
The Jitterbit Foundations Certification Exam is composed of 50 multiple choice and true/false questions. The questions come from the topics discussed in the Jitterbit Foundations Training.
Jitterbit Core Training Course
Jitterbit Core Training dives deeper into the Jitterbit Studio and the Harmony Platform discussing aspects such as project variables, advanced scripting, instance mappings, and best practices around schedules, environments, and error handling. Jitterbit Core Training is intended for learners who have a foundational understanding of Jitterbit Studio and the Harmony Platform. If you do not have this knowledge please complete Jitterbit Foundations Training prior to starting Jitterbit Core Training.
Time to Complete
- Chapter 1: Scheduling Best Practices
- Chapter 2: Project Variables
- Chapter 3: Environments Best Practices
- Chapter 4: Error Handling Best Practices
- Chapter 5: Instance Mapping and Scripting
Jitterbit Core Certification Exam
The Jitterbit Core Certification Exam is composed of 50 multiple choice and true/false questions. The questions come from the topics discussed in the Jitterbit Core Training.
Jitterbit Organizational Administration Training Course
This course is designed for those in IT operations-related roles within your organization. In this course you’ll learn and discover many org admin-related tasks such as Jitterbit organization security, user role creation, how to add users to roles, environment configuration, how to assign roles to environments, monitoring your activity logs, project management and much, much more! This course is lecture-styled and chapters are composed of videos followed by short quizzes to reinforce key principals.
Time to Complete
- Chapter 1: Organization Security
- Chapter 2: User Roles Creation and Adding Users to Roles
- Chapter 3: Environment Configuration and Assigning Roles to Environments
- Chapter 4: Monitoring Activity Logs
- Chapter 5: Searching for Activities in the Management Console
- Chapter 6: Customizations Page of the Management Console
- Chapter 7: Agent Group Administration
- Chapter 8: Organization Notifications
- Chapter 9: Project Management in the Management Console
Jitterbit Plugin Creation Training Course
This is our plugin creation elective course. It is designed to give a brief introduction to the Jitterbit Plugin Java SDK. Basic knowledge of Java and software development are prerequisites for this course. The materials discussed in this class are broken down into separate chapters and sections with periodic short quizzes to help reinforce key principles. Also see Creating a Custom Plugin.
Time to Complete
- Chapter 1: Input & Output XML
- Chapter 2: SDK
- Chapter 3: Writing the Plugin
- Chapter 4: Plugin.xml
- Chapter 5: Adding the Plugin
API Creation and Management Training Course
Welcome to our API Creation and Management training course using the Jitterbit Harmony API Manager. This is designed to teach you how to create, run, and secure APIs within the Jitterbit iPaaS platform. This course will be a combination of lecture and demonstration, along with hands-on assignments. To complete the hands-on examples, you will need access to a REST client. We will be demonstrating in Postman but any client will work. As this course is focused on API creation and management, previous experience with the Jitterbit iPaaS platform is required. If you do not have previous experience, we would suggest delaying this course, and first completing the Jitterbit Foundations and Jitterbit Core courses.
Time to Complete
- Chapter 1: API Lectures
- Chapter 2: Setup
- Chapter 3: Triggering an Operation and Response Variables
- Chapter 4: Final Target Response and Query Parameters
- Chapter 5: POST with JSON Response
- Chapter 6: JSON POST with Header Authentication
Connecting to Salesforce Training Course
This course is designed to give a detailed overview of the different ways provided by the Jitterbit Harmony platform to integrate with Salesforce. In this course, we’ll cover the various Jitterbit Connect Salesforce Wizards, Jitterbit Script Salesforce functions, and much more. This course is a combination of lecture-style and hands-on. Chapters are composed of videos followed by short quizzes to reinforce key principles. To follow along with the hands-on portions of this course, you should have access to a Salesforce Developer Org that contains the original sample data that comes pre-loaded within the org and the Jitterbit Learning Sandbox. If you do not already have access to a Salesforce Developer Org, visit https://developer.salesforce.com/signup and follow the instructions provided.
Time to Complete
- Chapter 1: Methods of Integration
- Chapter 2: Jitterbit Connect Salesforce Wizards
- Chapter 3: Jitterbit Salesforce Functions
- Chapter 4: Salesforce Wave Analytics
- Chapter 5: Salesforce Outbound Messages
- Chapter 6: oData API
- Chapter 7: Integrating with Salesforce Best Practices
- Chapter 8: External IDs
- Chapter 9: Success & Failure Files
- Chapter 10: Additional Salesforce Integration Methods
As you progress through these courses, there may be times that questions arise. If you have questions related to your class material, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team members will respond as soon as possible. If you have other technical questions, you can always reach our support team directly at email@example.com.
Last updated: Feb 06, 2019
- No labels