Welcome to Jitterbit Harmony! This tutorial walks you through registering, using the Harmony Quick Start wizard to set up an environment and Agent Group, and inviting team members.
See Getting Training to register for on-line training classes and certification from Jitterbit University.
After completing this tutorial, you will be ready to design projects using one of our two project design applications:
- Cloud Studio: Our web-based project designer accessed directly through the Jitterbit Harmony Portal. For next steps, see Cloud Studio Quick Start Guide.
- Design Studio: Our desktop project design application downloaded from the Jitterbit Harmony Portal and installed on a macOS or Windows machine. For next steps, see Design Studio Quick Start Guide.
Registering for Jitterbit Harmony
To register and access Jitterbit Harmony, follow these steps:
- Request a free Harmony trial.
- Register your account. The registration instructions depend on how you signed up or were invited:
- I signed up for a trial: If you signed up for a free trial, a Jitterbit sales representative will approve your request and send you a welcome email with further instructions. Use the link provided in that welcome email to complete the registration process.
- I was invited to a Jitterbit Harmony organization: If you were invited by another Jitterbit Harmony user, use the link provided within your welcome email to register your account.
- I was invited to a Jitterbit Harmony organization using SSO: If you were invited by another Jitterbit Harmony user to a Jitterbit Harmony organization configured for single sign-on, you will already be registered through your Identify Provider.
- Once registered, you are able to log in to the Jitterbit Harmony Portal at https://login.jitterbit.com.
- For next steps, complete the Harmony Quick Start wizard and invite team members.
Harmony Quick Start
Harmony Quick Start is a wizard within the Jitterbit Harmony Portal that helps Jitterbit Harmony organization administrators (users with Admin permission) set up an environment and associate it with an Agent Group.
NOTE: Harmony Quick Start is designed for the administrators of a Jitterbit Harmony organization. It is not recommended for new users in an existing organization. If you have questions about your Jitterbit Harmony organization, please contact your administrator.
This wizard launches when you log in to the Harmony Portal for the first time. If you need to return to the wizard, use the link to Harmony Quick Start under the Support & Learning section in the lower portion of the Harmony Portal landing page:
The wizard includes videos and instructions specific to your selections. For experienced users, these components can also be configured through the Environments page and Agents section of the Management Console.
Welcome to Jitterbit!
By default, the wizard is tailored for using Cloud Studio, our web-based project design application. You can use a link that appears at the bottom of this screen to switch between wizard steps for Design Studio and Cloud Studio. The steps are similar and are covered here for both project design applications.
NOTE: Contact your Customer Success Manager to determine which Studio application best suits your needs for new projects, or to schedule a Readiness Assessment Check for moving existing Design Studio projects to Cloud Studio.
Within the wizard, view the welcome video and preview of steps.
To proceed, click OK, Let's Get Started!
Set the Stage for Success
Select a deployment configuration that is appropriate for your organization:
- Run Integrations in the Cloud: Select this option to create a new environment associated with one of Jitterbit Harmony's two Cloud Agent Groups.
- Run Integrations On-Premises: Select this option to create a new environment associated with a newly created Private Agent Group containing at least one Private Agent that must then be downloaded, installed, and configured.
Set Up Your First Environment
You must set up at least one environment to start creating projects in Harmony.
Fill out these fields to configure your first environment:
Name Your Environment: Enter a name for your new environment (for example, Development, Test, or Production).
API URL Prefix: Enter a prefix that will become part your API URL (managed from the API Manager). The API URL Prefix will replace
<API-URL-Prefix>in this example format:
Cloud Agent Group: Present only for the option Run Integrations in the Cloud, use the dropdown to select the Cloud Agent Group you want to associate with the environment:
- Jitterbit Production Cloud Agent Group: This group offers the most stable version of the Cloud Agent, recommended for production environments.
- Jitterbit Sandbox Cloud Agent Group: This version offers early access to the next release of the Cloud Agent, recommended for non-production environments.
- Description: Enter a description of your environment.
For detailed information about each configurable field, as well as to configure additional environments, see Environments.
For best practices on working with environments in Jitterbit, watch the Environments Tech Talk.
Set Up Agent Group and Agent Name
NOTE: This step is present only for the Run Integrations On-Premises configuration.
Private Agent Groups allow you to set up Private Agents as on-premises runtime servers that execute your integrations, as well as group agents together so that each acts consistently. These groups operate as a highly available and scalable elastic runtime engine.
Fill out these fields to set up your first Private Agent Group and Private Agent:
- Name Your First Agent Group: Enter a name for your new Private Agent Group that will service the environment you just set up.
- Name Your First Agent: Enter a name for your new Private Agent to be set up within the Private Agent Group.
- Description: Enter a description that will be used for your new Private Agent Group.
- Enable Cloud Logging: Cloud logging is enabled by default, meaning logged data is temporarily saved in the Harmony cloud. When cloud logging is enabled, you can view logged data from the Activities page of the Management Console directly from the Messages tab. If desired, clear the checkbox to disable cloud logging. When cloud logging is disabled, a link will be displayed in the Messages tab that allows the logging information to be viewed from the agent itself.
For detailed information about each configurable field for Private Agents and Private Agent Groups, see Agents.
Download and Install
After your environment is set up and associated with an Agent Group, download and install the associated Harmony applications depending on your needs.
If you selected the option Run Integrations On-Premises, you will need to download and install at least one Private Agent to run integrations. This download is not provided if you selected Run Integrations in the Cloud, in which case you will be using one of Jitterbit's Cloud Agent Groups to run integrations.
If you are using the wizard steps for Design Studio, you will also need to download and install Design Studio, Jitterbit's desktop application for project design. This download is not provided if you are using the wizard steps for Cloud Studio, our next-generation project designer featuring a modern and collaborative user experience with a cloud-based UI.
Additional information on prerequisites, downloading, and installing Design Studio and Private Agents is available within System Requirements.
You Are Ready!
You are now ready to get started designing your first project.
Inviting Team Members to Harmony
You can add members to your Jitterbit Harmony organization at any time using these steps:
The top part of the page lists any Jitterbit Harmony organizations you belong to. The bottom part of the page has two tabs, Roles and Members:
Roles: Roles contain a set of permissions that specify what actions are available to all users that are members of the role.
Members: Members are all the users of your organization that have defined roles within the organization.
Select your organization in the top part of the page, then select the Roles tab on the bottom. Two roles will already created by default: Administrator and User.
Within the desired role, click the Action dropdown on the far right and select Add Member. Enter the email address of the user you would like to add to the selected role and click Save. You can also add new members from the Members tab with the Add Member button using the dropdown to select a role.
The invited user will then receive an email with further instructions (see Register for Jitterbit Harmony). You can check the status of all the members of your organization at any time under the Members tab.
In order for organization members to have access to a particular environment, you must also define role access within your environment. From the menu, hover over Management Console and select Environments.
Select your environment in the top part of the page, then select the Roles tab on the bottom.
Within the desired role, the current access levels for the environment are displayed under the Access column on the far right.
- Grant Role Access: To grant access to an existing role that has already been defined for your organization, click Grant Role Access, select the appropriate access levels, and click Save.
Edit Role Access: To edit access for an existing role that has already been added for your environment, click on the access level for each role to toggle access on and off.
Last updated: Sep 16, 2020