Access to different areas within Jitterbit Harmony is based on a combination of organization role permissions and environment access levels. This page provides definitions of Jitterbit Harmony terms related to permissions and access levels and provides a matrix to determine what areas a member can access.
Jitterbit Harmony Administrative Terminology
Organization administrators should be familiar with these Jitterbit Harmony terms for organizations and environments:
- Organization: A unique Jitterbit Harmony organization in which administrators have full control over membership and security. Settings made at the organization level (on the Organizations page) are subject to and can be further defined at the environment level (on the Environments page). An organization may also be referred to as an org.
- Member: A Jitterbit Harmony user who has been added to an organization by an administrator (described under Members in Organizations).
- Administrator: A member who is assigned to a role with Admin permission at the organization level, allowing access to all features and functions available in the Management Console.
- Role: A group of members that is assigned one or more permissions at the organization level. Initially, when a Jitterbit Harmony organization is created, an Administrator role (with Admin permission) and a User role (with Read permission) are created by default. Administrators can create additional roles and add members to multiple roles (described under Roles in Organizations).
- Permissions: Permissions are assigned to a role at the organization level and limit an organization member's access to defined areas of an organization. Permissions include Read, Admin, Agent Install, and ApiConsumer (defined under Permissions in Organizations).
- Environment: An environment is set up within an organization and is used to segregate different states of an integration project and its assets. For example, an organization might have three environments: Development, Test, and Production.
- Access Levels: Access levels are assigned to a role that has been granted access to an environment. They are used in combination with organization permissions to further the ability of administrators to control what members of a specific role can do in a specific environment. Access levels include View Logs, Read, Execute, and Write (defined under Access Levels in Environments).
The areas that a Jitterbit Harmony member can access depend on the combination of their organization role permissions and environment access levels. Permissions and access levels are set independently and are different from each other. For example:
- A member of a role with Read permission at the organization level may still be able to make edits in an environment if Write access is granted to the role at the environment level.
- A member of a role with Admin permission at the organization level but whose role has only Read access at the environment level is not able to deploy, execute, or edit projects in that environment.
- A member of a role with Admin permission at the organization level but whose role has not been granted environment access is not able to access the environment at all.
- A member of a role with Read permission at the organization level and whose role has been granted Read access in Environment A and Write access in Environment B is able to migrate a project from Environment A to Environment B.
In order to access an environment, roles (even roles with Admin permission) must be granted access to an environment. This includes being able to access areas of Jitterbit Harmony applications that require an environment to be selected and being able to install Private Agents in an environment.
Last updated: May 10, 2021
- No labels