Create a New Transformation
- Make sure you have opened the appropriate project in which you want to create the new transformation.
- There are several ways you can start to create a new transformation:
- If you are working in an operation, you can click the control button to the right of the Transformation field and select Create New; OR
- Select New in the File menu, then choose New Transformation from the sub-menu; OR
- Click the down arrow next to the file icon in the toolbar, then choose New Transformation from the sub-menu; OR
- Right-click on Transformations in the hierarchical tree in the Design tab in the left pane of the screen, then choose New Transformation from the pop-up menu.
- The transformation wizard appears in its own New Transformation tab in the right pane of the window.
Specify Source and Target Types
- Enter an appropriate name for your new transformation in the Transformation Name field.
- Select Database from the Source drop-down list and Web Service Request from the Target drop-down list.
- Click the Next button in the toolbar to continue.
Select Source Database Information
In the next screen of the Transformation Wizard, Select the name of the source that holds the database information you want to transform from the Database Source drop-down menu, or Click the control button to the right of the field to create a new source database.
- Click Next in the toolbar to continue.
The next steps you follow depend upon whether you want to use only a single table in your source database, or whether you need to access more than one database table. Select how you will get information from your source database:
Only a single table in the source database will be accessed.
More than one table in the source database will be accessed.
Select Target Web Service Information
In the next screen of the Transformation Wizard, select the name of the Web Service that you want to use as the target from the Web Service Definition drop-down list, OR click the control button to the right of the field to create a new Web service call.
- Click save in the toolbar to save your transformation.
Now that you have defined the nature of the source and your desired target, you are ready to map the relationship between your source and target at the field, or element, level.
Last updated: Nov 27, 2016