When you have set up your trading partners and started exchanging documents with them, the Transactions page is where you see the related transaction details, and save, copy, reprocess, or acknowledge transactions. To open it, use the Harmony Portal menu to select EDI > Transactions:
The page comprises two panes:
- On the left, the filters pane;
- In the main area, the transactions pane.
Use the Filters pane to select filter options for direction, status, trading partners, or document types:
You can set the following filters:
- Directions: Filter by document direction:
- All Directions: Select both directions.
- Incoming: Select incoming documents.
- Outgoing: Select outgoing documents.
- Status: Filter by transaction status:
- All: Select all statuses.
- Success: Select transactions with success status.
- Error: Select transactions with error status.
- Trading Partners: Filter by trading partner:
- All Partners: Select all partners.
- (Partner) Select specific partners.
- Show More: Show more partners.
- Documents Type: Filter by document type:
- All Types: Select all document types.
- (Document): Select specific document types.
- Show More: Show more document types.
To clear individual filters, click a section's Clear button. To clear all filters, click Clear All.
To collapse the filters pane, click the collapse icon . To expand it, click the expand icon .
The transactions pane shows transactions, optionally filtered according to the settings in the Filters pane:
Click a row or the expand icon to show document information and messages.
Click the row again or the collapse button to hide the document information.
Hover on then click the Document Name, Type, Direction, Partner, or Transaction Date column headings to sort transactions (you can only sort one column at a time). The first click sorts in ascending order, the second click reverses the sort order, and the third click returns the sort order to its original state. When sorted, an arrow remains visible next to the sorted column, the direction indicating the sort order: up for ascending, down for descending.
The transactions pane column headings are as follows:
- Expand: Click to see the transaction's document information and messages.
- Select: Select all transactions on all pages. Use the action buttons to process selected transactions.
- Document Name: The transaction document name.
- Type: The transaction document type.
- Direction: The transaction direction, To (Outgoing) or From (Incoming).
- Partner: The trading partner's name.
- Status: The transaction status.
- Transaction Date: The transaction date.
Actions: The actions tools column. Hover to reveal these action buttons for the transaction:
- Reprocess: Click to reprocess a failed document.
- Resend Acknowledgement: Click to resend an acknowledgement.
Search and Date Range Controls¶
The top row of the transactions pane contains the following:
- Search bar: Enter text in the search bar to find documents by document ID.
- From Date: Set to show transactions occurring after this date.
- To Date: Set to show transactions occurring before this date.
- Date range: Select one of Last Day, Last Week, or Last Month. This sets the dates in From Date and To Date to show only those transactions made in the chosen range.
The next row of the pane contains the following buttons:
- Reprocess: Reprocess selected transactions.
- Resend Acknowledgement: Resend acknowledgements for selected transactions.
- Refresh: Refresh the transactions list.
At the bottom of the pane are the following page controls:
- Items per page: The number of items per page. Select one of 100, 250, or 500.
- : Go to the previous page.
- : Go to the next page.
Select this tab to view document details, related documents, and document views:
The format of the Document Information pane varies according to the document type.
The Related Docs pane shows related documents for the same order number.
The Views pane shows document views, with links to the raw XML data for each view. Click the Raw link to open a new browser tab showing the raw EDI message.
Select this tab to view messages related to the transaction: