- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Creating a Salesforce Update Operation
This page described how to create a Salesforce Update operation using the Jitterbit Connect Salesforce Update Wizard.
The wizard follows these steps:
|Table of Contents|
Start the Wizard
- To start the wizard, click the Salesforce Update button in the Jitterbit Connect Wizard menu, which opens the wizard.
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName sf-login PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Query Wizard
Select the Salesforce Object
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName select-salesforce-object PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Query Wizard
Define the Source
Select Where Your Source Data Comes From
The source is the location of the data being inserted in the Salesforce Insert. Select one of:
- An existing Source Type from the dropdown menu, such as Local File, FTP Site, File Share, Temporary Storage, Database, HTTP, or LDAP or None; or
- Click the Select or Create New button to create a new Source to create a new Source of the currently selected type; or
- Choose None if you intend to provide explicit values that do not come from other Sources.
If your source is a flat text file, you can optionally add a field-validation step.
|NOTE: If you are creating a local file source for the first time, you must first enable local file locations in each Jitterbit Private Agent configuration. (A Local File can be used only with Private Agents.)|
- Specifying a Local File as a source:
To use an existing Source, select the existing source from the dropdown, as shown for this Local File:
- To create a new Source, select the Create New… option from the dropdown menu. The New Source fields display. For example, when creating a new Local File Source, you will see fields similar to these:
NOTE: The type of source selected will determine the parameters to enter. See the documentation on Sources for details.
- Click the Next button to move to the Confirm File Type screen.
Confirm File Type
- The applicable radio button should be selected by default based the filename suffix. Adjust as required:
- Click Next at the bottom to move to the Select File Format screen.
Select File Format
- You can either select an existing File Format or create a new one. To select an existing File Format, select the name from the dropdown:
- To create a new file format, select Create New from the dropdown menu, which expands the screen to display the File Format fields. The example below shows the creating of a Text Document definition:
- Complete the fields and controls:
- Name: Enter the name of your new file format
- Select Document Type: Specify the document type as either Simple or Complex
- Select Document Format: Specify as either Character Delimited or Fixed Field Widths
- Create Manually: For details on creating the file format manually, see these instructions
- From Sample File: Click Create From File to open a dialog to specify the file structure using a file as a template
- In this example, the Create From File was clicked and a CSV file was specified to use as a template:
Select the Options for your file format:
CSV file, with header: Creates a CSV file with the field names as the first line of the file.
CSV file, without header: Creates a CSV file without the field names at the beginning of the file.
Delimited file, with header: Creates a delimited file, using the delimiter you provide in the Delimiter textbox, with the field names as the first line of the file.
Delimited file, without header: Creates a delimited file, using the delimiter you provide in the Delimiter textbox, without the field names at the beginning of the file.
Select from existing file format, or create by hand: Allows you to select a file format that already exists, or create a custom file format.
Review File Format: If this checkbox is checked, the wizard will allow you to review the automatically-created file format. This option is not enabled if you have chosen the “Select from existing File Format, or create by hand” radio button. See Flat File Field Validation for more on this subject.
Select or Create a File Format
If you chose the “Select from existing File Format, or Create by Hand” option, you can either select an existing File Format or create a new one.
- To select an existing File Format, select the Name from the dropdown.
To create a new one, select Create New from the dropdown, which expands the screen to display the File Format fields. In the example below, we are creating the Text Document Definition by selecting Create New.
If the text file has a header, check the appropriate Box so Jitterbit Harmony doesn’t attempt to process the header as if it were a data row.
Complete the Fields as follows:
Name: Enter the Name of your new file format.
Select Document Type: Select one of the radio buttons. In this example, we leave the Simple Text Document radio button selected.
Select Document Format: Select one of the radio buttons. In this example, we leave the Character Delimited radio button selected.
Create Manually: For details on this option, click here to view information on Text Structures [folder for creating text documents].
Create From File: Click this button to display the Template screen. In this example, we click the Create From File button.
Complete the fields as follows:
Template file type: Use the dropdown to select a Template File Type.
Delimiter box: Defaults to comma delimiter.
Select a template file: Select a Template File from the dropdown. Or you can click the Browse button to navigate to a template.
File content: This window auto-populates once you select a Template File.
When you have completed your entries:
OK: Click this Button to save your entries and return to the Source screen.
Cancel: Click this Button to return to the wizard without saving your entries.
Help: Click this Button for screen help.
When you click OK, the Source screen expands to show the Delimiter and Qualifier as well as the Segment Properties section.
To find out more about creating the file format, see Creating a New Text Document Definition.
Create a Schedule and Set Options
- Click the Response Option checkbox if you need to interact with the response from Salesforce and want to map information directly from that response:
- When finished, click Next to move to the Summary screen.
On the Summary, you can edit the Name given to the wizard and specify whether to use the wizard’s Automapper to map the data:
- Click Map & Finish to complete the wizard.
- If you need to create or approve a transformation mapping, you will be taken to that screen.
- Otherwise, the design items for your insert will be created and become visible in the Project Items panel on the left side of the screen and you will be taken to the operation's Salesforce Insert page.
If you chose Select an existing File Format (or created a new one) in the Target screen of the wizard, the transformation mapping appears in your work area.
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName transformation-mapping PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Query Wizard
Completed Salesforce Update
- Once completed, you will be taken to the summary screen for the new Salesforce Update.
- You can return to this summary page by finding its operation name under Jitterbit Connect in the Project Items panel.
- You can modify any of the design items in your project by clicking their adjacent Edit button.
- Advanced Options including operation options such as chunking and field truncation. They are covered on the Salesforce Advanced page.
Deploy the Project and Run the Operation
The Result History button will give historical run information once it is available, if a Private Agent is used.