- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Creating a Salesforce Update Operation
This page described how to create a Salesforce Update operation using the Jitterbit Connect Salesforce Update Wizard.
The wizard follows these steps:
|Table of Contents|
Start the Wizard
- To start the wizard, click the Salesforce Update button in the Jitterbit Connect Wizard menu, which opens the wizard.
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName sf-login PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Query Wizard
Select the Salesforce Object
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName select-salesforce-object PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Query Wizard
Define the Source
Create a Schedule and Set Options
- Click the Response Option checkbox if you need to interact with the response from Salesforce and want to map information directly from that response:
- When finished, click Next to move to the Summary screen.
On the Summary, you can edit the Name given to the wizard and specify whether to use the wizard’s Automapper to map the data:
- Click Map & Finish to complete the wizard.
- If you need to create or approve a transformation mapping, you will be taken to that screen.
- Otherwise, the design items for your insert will be created and become visible in the Project Items panel on the left side of the screen and you will be taken to the operation's Salesforce Insert page.
If you chose Select an existing File Format (or created a new one) in the Target screen of the wizard, the transformation mapping appears in your work area.
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName transformation-mapping PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Query Wizard
Completed Salesforce Update
- Once completed, you will be taken to the summary screen for the new Salesforce Update.
- You can return to this summary page by finding its operation name under Jitterbit Connect in the Project Items panel.
- You can modify any of the design items in your project by clicking their adjacent Edit button.
- Advanced Options including operation options such as chunking and field truncation. They are covered below.
These advanced options are available for a Salesforce UpdatesUpdate:
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName advanced-options PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Upsert Wizard
Deploy the Project and Run the Operation
The Result History button will give historical run information once it is available, if a Private Agent is used.