- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Creating a Salesforce Upsert Operation
This page described how to create a Salesforce Upsert operation using the Jitterbit Connect Salesforce Upsert Wizard.
The Salesforce Upsert activity allows you to update existing or insert new records in a connected Salesforce instance using Jitterbit. An "upsert" is essentially either an update or an insert operation, or both, depending on the data provided.
NOTE: A Salesforce upsert should include an ID field that maps to the selected External ID in Salesforce. If the ID field source record is populated with the Salesforce External ID, the record is updated in Salesforce. IF the ID field is blank, a new record is inserted into Salesforce.
The wizard takes you through a series of screens, gathering the information it requires to create the operation in the current project. It follows these steps:
|Table of Contents|
Start the Wizard
- To start the wizard, click the Salesforce Upsert button in the Jitterbit Connect Wizard menu, which opens the wizard.
Select the Salesforce Object
Select an External ID Field
Define the Source
Select Where Your Source Data Comes From
The source is the location of the data to be used by the operation.
The screens presented vary depending on your answers to these questions.
If you prefer, you can instead add a source later in your development of the project. For details on the different sources, see the documentation on Sources.
Select one of:
Creating A New Source
To create a new Source, select the Create New… option from the dropdown menu. The New Source fields display. For example, when creating a new Local File Source, you will see fields similar to these:
For file sources (Local File, FTP Site, File Share, or Temporary Storage), you need to specify or create a source and then specify or create a file format to use with that source. If the file suffix cannot be used to determine the file type, you will be prompted to confirm the file and the file type.
FTP Site, File Share, or Temporary Storage
Confirm File Type
Select File Format
Review the File Format Structure
Create a Schedule and Set Options
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName sw-create-schedule PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Query Wizard
Click the Response Option checkbox if you need to interact with the response from Salesforce and want to map information directly from that response:
- When finished, click Next to move to the Summary screen.
On the Summary, you can edit the Name given to the wizard and specify whether to use the wizard's Automapper to map the data:
- Click Map & Finish to complete the wizard.
- If you need to create or approve a transformation mapping, you will be taken to that screen.
- Otherwise, the design items for your upsert will be created and become visible in the Project Items panel on the left side of the screen and you will be taken to the operation's Salesforce Upsert page.
If you chose Select an existing File Format (or created a new one) in the Target screen of the wizard, the transformation mapping appears in your work area.
Multiexcerpt include MultiExcerptName transformation-mapping PageWithExcerpt Salesforce Query Wizard
Completed Salesforce Upsert
- Once completed, you will be taken to the summary screen for the new Salesforce Upsert.
- You can return to this summary page by finding its operation name under Jitterbit Connect in the Project Items panel.
- You can modify any of the design items in your project such as Salesforce Login, External ID field, Read data from, Mappings, Operation, and Run on Schedule by clicking their adjacent Edit button.
- The Run Upsert, Test Upsert, Result History, and Delete button functions are described below in Deploy the Project and Run the Operation.
- Advanced Options including include operation options such as chunking and field truncation. They are covered below in Advanced Options.
These advanced options are available for a Salesforce Upsert:
Additional operation options for writing success and failure records are described on the Salesforce Advanced page.
The Result History button will give historical run information once it is available, if a Private Agent is used.