- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
If your network is using a proxy to access the Internet, you may be required to enter proxy settings into locally installed Jitterbit applications, such as Design Studio, Data Loader, or a Private Agent.
By using a proxy, computers on a network do not connect directly with the Internet. For example, when you request a webpage in your browser, the browser forwards the request to the proxy and the proxy actually connects to the website. Your proxy receives the responses sent by the website and returns the responses to your browser. The proxy may be embedded in your router or it may be a separate server.
You may be able to use the proxy settings found in your browser settings for Jitterbit applications or you may need to contact the network administrator or third-party vendor that set up the Internet access to request the correct settings.
Accessing Proxy Settings in Your Browser
These instructions change depending on the operating system and exact browser version that you are using. Other operating systems and versions (such as macOS) use a central system preference that will have the required information.
Internet Explorer 11
Enter Proxy Settings in Design Studio
- Launch Design Studio:
- Click the Proxy Settings button. The Proxy Settings dialog is displayed:
- Host: Enter the Address or HTTP Proxy listed in your browser proxy settings, which will be in a format such as 192.001.001.001.
- Port: Enter the Port the port listed for your proxy settings.
- User: Enter the username if used to access your proxy server. If unknown or if the username is automatically entered, contact your network administrator or third-party vendor that set up the internet access for your network to request the username.
- Password: Enter the password if the password if one is used to access your proxy server. If unknown or if the password is automatically entered, contact your network administrator or third-party vendor that set up the Internet access for your network to request the password.
- NTLM Domain: Enter a domain name if you have been given one.
- Allow unverified certificates used by the proxy: Select to bypass certificate validation.
- Click OK to save the proxy settings.
NOTE: If you are experiencing a long load time (10 minutes or more) while using a proxy, see Disabling Citizen Integrator Recipe Loading to Fix Long Load Times for more information.