- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This endpoint connector should be used in conjunction with a Jitterbit Custom API that is configured from the Harmony API Manager. This type of endpoint exposes an connector exposes an operation or set of operations as a consumable REST endpoint. When an operation is triggered by a Jitterbit Custom API, you might need to receive data from or return data to the calling application.
The API endpoint is connector is accessed from the Connectivity tab of the design component palette:
This endpoint has connector has a preconfigured API connection that is used to configure one or more API activities associated with that connection as a source or target within an operation:
- API Request or Response: Configured using a JSON, XML, CSV, or XSD schema.
- API Request: Receives data from a Jitterbit Custom API connection and is used as a source in an operation.
- API Response: Returns data to a Jitterbit Custom API connection and is used as a target in an operation.
- API SOAP Request or Response: Configured using a WSDL schema.
- API SOAP Request: Receives data from a Jitterbit Custom API connection and is used as a source in an operation.
- API SOAP Response: Returns data to a Jitterbit Custom API connection and is used as a target in an operation.
|NOTE: The fact that the API connection is a preconfigured endpoint makes this endpoint unique connector unique compared with other endpoint typesconnector types. The typical setup for other endpoints is to first use a connector to configure a connection.|
Together, a specific API connection and its activities are referred to as an API endpoint. Activities associated with the endpoint are available from the Endpoints filter:
API Jitterbit Variables
Certain Jitterbit variables are provided specifically for use with Jitterbit Custom API endpoints, including:
For details on using these variables, see API Jitterbit Variables.