You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
This page describes how to create and configure email as a target in Jitterbit Studio.
Create an Email Target
You can choose to create a new email target on its own, or within an existing operation. For more information on how sources and targets work within operations, see Creating an Operation.
Create New Target
Within your project within Jitterbit Studio, there are several ways to create a new email target:
Go to File > New > New Target. In the popup, select Email as the type.
- In the tree on the left, right-click on Targets and select New Target. In the popup, select Email as the type.
In the top toolbar, click the blue target icon . In the popup, select Email as the type.
Create New Target in an Existing Operation
A target is created by default when you create a new operation. If you have already created an operation, you can specify the type of the target as follows:
Within an operation, double-click on the target icon. In the popup, select Create New Target. In the configuration screen, use the Type dropdown to select Email.
- Within an operation, right-click on the source icon and select Create New Target. In the configuration screen, use the Type dropdown to select Email.
Use Existing Target in an Existing Operation
A target is created by default when you create a new operation. If you already have an existing email target you want to use, you can use it in the operation as follows:
Within an operation, double-click on the target icon. In the popup, select the existing target from the list.
Within an operation, right-click on the target icon and choose Select Existing Target. In the popup, select the existing target from the list.
- Drag the existing target from the tree on the left and drop it onto the target icon on the operation.
Configure an Email Target
After you have created a new email target, the configuration screen will open in the main view of Studio. You can get back to the configuration screen at any time by double-clicking on target icon in the operation, or by double-clicking the target in the tree on the left.
The configuration screen should look similar to the example below. Each configurable option is explained as follows.
- Name: Enter an appropriate name for your new target.
- Type: Use the dropdown to select Email, if it is not already selected.
- Connection Parameters: Specify the details for your email target as follows:
- Email Message: Use the dropdown to select an existing email message or create a new one. Email messages are configured separately as described in Creating an Email Message.
- Attachment Size Limit: Enter a number and use the dropdown to select the units if you want to set a limit on the allowed file attachment size. If you leave this field blank, the file attachment size will not be limited by Jitterbit.
Attachment Name: Enter a name that you want the email attachment to have. If you leave this field blank, the email attachment will have an auto-generated name.
NOTE: As an alternative, you can also use the "WriteFile" function to specify a file attachment name, e.g. WriteFile("<TAG>Targets/email Target</TAG>","some message","Attachment.txt");. If the "WriteFile" function is used, this will override any attachment name specified in the target configuration screen described above.
- Send each attachment separately: Check the box if you want to send each attachment as a separate email message.
Test Connection: Click the button if you want to verify your connection by sending a test email.
Last updated: Dec 29, 2016
- No labels